So, I started a new job 3 months ago (mid November) with a rather large company. It seemed like a great fit before I got into the role. The pay was OK, it was close to home, in my field, and the company culture is great.
I was always uncomfortable from day 1 due to a few reasons. The main issue is that I dont feel like I am using all of my skills that I have developed in my career and dont feel like I am challenged or growing. There are skills that I have used in my 10 year worth of experience that I have not even come close to using in my 3 months, even though I have brought this concern to my boss. I am also having a hard time seeing how I can advance here (One thing that appears clear is that they seem to value time with the company over your experience). I know that I can do this job an excel in it, however, I dont feel like I am challenged or being fully utilized.
I did bring this concern up to my boss today, and we discussed the current project that I am working on and the next big project. We also discussed how the team was going to change in the next few months. He was rather vague, however, as I dont think he could tell me much about the team change not did he really know what the new project was going to look like.
Because I was not comfortable, I started applying and interviewing. I interviewed with another company and they are creating a new tole there that I feel I would be a better fit for. My salary in my new role is going to be 10% higher than what I am making today and it does seem like a better fit. After talking to the boss there, I do have a few minor concerns, however, it does seem like the new role will allow me to grow more.
I have not accepted the new role yet, but I wanted to some advice. What are your thoughts?
Is is OK to leave a job after 3 months?
Is not being challenged/not a good fit a good reason to leave a role so soon?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: