I work in a 3 person department doing data analysis at my place of work. I've been at my job for 6 years and it's my first "real" job out of college, so I learned (and am still learning) everything on the job.
My coworker has been at my company for 4 years, but has experience working other places and has more life experience as well.
We each support different departments and work on different projects, but essentially do the same work and share a similar skillset. We also have the same job title.
The problem is that he is seen as the "leader" of our team, despite me doing the same type of work and having more seniority.
This is especially evident when during review time, my boss always says (and writes in my review) "You do a great job. Your skills are catching up to your coworker."
I feel like I'm running a race on a treadmill while he's on the road. No matter how fast I go, he's always going to be ahead of me.
I honestly don't see our jobs as a competition, but that doesn't stop people from comparing us. I would love it if my accomplishments would stand on their own and I could be rated on my own merits.
How do you handle this situation?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: