I’m not sure how unique my situation is but I’m sure some people can relate.
I graduated in fall 2017 with a BA in studio art (photography). I held a leadership position on the school newspaper for several years and have experience with social media and graphic design. I also have experience with print management and screen printing, due sublimation, etc. I’m steadily liking marketing/social media marketing but don’t have any schooling/formal training.
I currently work as an independent contractor doing real estate photography. By monthly pay from this ranges from $600-$1000. I really like it but it is NOT steady at all and relies on the local real estate market. I have high hopes for making good money when the market picks up April-July but there’s no telling what will happen. I just invested in a $700 gimbal for this and they want me to buy a drone too, which is $150 just for the license and $700-$2000 for the drone itself.
I also work two other jobs; PT as a server (where I pull anywhere from $25-$80 a 4-6 hr shift, usually 2 days a week) and at a small struggling portrait studio, where I make $10/hr and usually work 10-15 hours a week.
I am so burnt out. I never have a steady schedule and I don’t do well with it. I work three jobs and can afford rent, utilities, and bills but I can’t make any payments on my student loans (current amount due is $0 because I’m poor) or really contribute to my savings. I want a steady job and to start a career but I feel so lost.
I applied for grad school and just found out that I got denied and I really don’t know what to do. There are no jobs in this market for my degree, unless I go back to school and get teaching credentials. My lease isn’t up until August so even if we wanted to move, we can’t until then. I have no benefits from any of my jobs now. I am 23 and still on my parents’ insurance.
Should I just try to find a job, no matter the field, where I will make decent money? If I get a first shift FT job I can’t do the real estate independent contractor job. I can’t decide if I can bring myself to leave this job after I’ve put so much into it. Should I go back to school to be a teacher so I can get a job that actually has benefits? (This isn’t on a total whim btw, I strongly considered art Ed while I was in school)
My partner has been so kind during this turmoil but I feel like a failure in our relationship because I have this degree that I thought could make work but it’s a lot harder than I though. With my tax information back I found out that I only made $20,000 last year. I know this post is really all over the place but that’s kind of where I’m at right now. I just feel really lost and any insight would really mean a lot, thank you.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: