Am I being too ambitious?

Disclaimer: this is my first coding job that is not teaching. I was a TA before. I was lucky enough to get hired by a marketing company as a "Back End Developer." It pays well, and I get an office with a nice view. But right away I notice a number of issues with the way things work. Reports are either done by hand or we give clients access to our own internal reporting software. Three months in, my boss told me to research the competition, and it turns out were are the only marketing company in the area that uses third party software for all this. Most use proprietary portals, and send out reports automatically. Our software was not designed with multiple data clients in mind, so we are required to pull campaign sets into massive duplicate "megasets" in order to make reports, since there is only 1 dataset per report. You cannot customize the powerpoints or PDFs that get generated, and there are many other limitations that we simply have to work around.

So as he requested, I build a PowerPoint and project proposal on a proprietary reporting software. I followed professional guidelines, including a layout of every issue the project may run into and exactly how the program works, plus a tier system to avoid the project getting bloated.

3 days of writing later, he denies it before even reading the document, stating that "using the third party software is still cheaper than hiring more employees." Even when I pointed out the parts I hadn't already completed were laid out, he insisted. Despite being a developer, I will be working with a third party gui despite my job description saying otherwise.

Am I being too ambitious for my status, or is my boss saying this project requires hiring more people undervaluing my ability?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Am I being too ambitious? Am I being too ambitious? Reviewed by Louhi on février 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.