Wondering if I got the job after many rounds - Advice needed

I'll try to keep this short.

I interviewed at a company last week who is building out a new team and related to my field. I spoke with two members of the team via conference call and they said they'd get back to me soon. Next day, I heard that they liked our conversation and asked me to come in this week. I met with two other members of the team yesterday, an hour each, and we went through my experience and some case studies. It went well, they seemed to be impressed with my knowledge and responses to the mini projects I had. I also made them laugh and generally seemed like that they had a good time on a personal level.

Received an e-mail from HR 2 hours after that interview asking me for references and to come in again today to meet with some more higher ups. I gave 5 references (3 professional/2 personal) and sent them over that same day. This morning, I met with the CEO of the company to discuss my career goals and also how I would be an integral part of the team. He mentioned to me that the two people I spoke with yesterday thought I was fantastic and they wanted to get me in again ASAP to speak with him, hence the turnaround time. Overall, I got really good vibes from that conversation, it was low pressure, and towards the end we discussed my compensation. He said hypothetically speaking, if you got a call with an offer tomorrow, how soon could you start too and I told him. We left it on that, and then he asked me to speak with the CFO next via phone since he was not around, but fast forward 15 minutes later, the CFO actually stopped by.

Conversation went well at first and he was engaged and seemed interested in my experience. Mid way through, he started interrupting me as I was explaining some things and also projects I worked on, ie not letting me finish my thoughts. Then he started asking me REALLY specific technical questions, which was kind of strange coming from the CFO. Again, I had a hard time finishing my explanations and his body language seemed off. He was really diving into my previous jobs, asking me why I was looking (I explained because my company was bought out by an investment firm and I did not see a lot of opportunity with the change in management so I was looking for something new). We talked for about 45 minutes and then concluded, but I got a weird vibe from him. His handshake at the end was really limp and then he said they will need to consider 1-2 case studies as a next step (which again given the timeline/feedback from everyone else, was not mentioned).

Is this guy going to kill my chances at getting the job? I felt like I didnt really have a good chance to finish a lot of my thoughts and he seemed disinterested in me. On top of that, he was kind of rude and he didn't walk me out to the elavator like the previous members did.

I'm expecting to hear back tomorrow regardless, but I still feel like after I got green lights from the 5-6 other team members, this guy is going to not be for my candidacy. Which is frustrating, because a lot of the things he brought up had nothing to do with the casual conversation I was expecting, and he was almost trying to dig up as much dirt on me as possible, it seemed.

Thoughts?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Wondering if I got the job after many rounds - Advice needed Wondering if I got the job after many rounds - Advice needed Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 25, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.