Unemployable? 29f, freelance experience in creative industries and currently working towards a GIS/Geography degree
For most of my twenties I did freelance work as a graphic designer and photographer while pouring a ton of energy into music. For health and financial reasons, I never completed a bachelor's degree. I've had only a few jobs for which I was not self-employed or contracting. I am now signed to a small music label, but somewhat desperate to transition out of creative industries (and deeply unqualified to do so). I have obligations to my label which require me to play SXSW and tour this summer (and possibly make and promote another album in the next few years) and I'm taking classes at a community college in hopes of transferring to a four-year institution as a GIS major, so full-time work is out of the question. Without a degree, solid "normal" work experience, or full-time availability, should I just be looking at grocery store jobs? I'm struggling to find (and motivate myself to look for) freelance work in my new city, and I'd really like to work with and for other people. I'm worried about my long-term prospects in general; I made a lot of good stuff in my twenties, but I still feel like I wasted them.
Skills:
- I have proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, Microsoft Office, HTML & CSS, and platforms like Wordpress and Squarespace.
- I'm an experienced film and digital photographer.
- I have copywriting and copyediting skills, and I have experience translating and editing for translators.
- I *think* I have decent interpersonal skills. At the very least, I seem to have an unusual kind of ease with strangers, and I'm good at creating rapport, which I'd guess is useful in a lot of industries.
- I'm generally a quick study.
I do not have:
- More than a high school diploma
- A normal employment history
- Full-time availability
- Boundless confidence
How low should I be setting my bar? I need to be able to pay my rent/bills/etc, and I'm really burnt out on freelance work. I appreciate any and all insight and advice.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: