Seeking advice for career change

Hey, posting here and a couple other subs looking for advice

tl;dr restaurant manager wants career change but unsure of what field to pursue. Looking for suggestions and feedback. Moving to Philly for Wife's job.

I am trying to change careers, and wondering if anyone would be willing to provide some suggestions on where to explore or maybe share their experience working in some of the fields I am considering. Any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

I am in my early 20s, so this may be less career change and more deciding what career to pursue from an entry level. I have been working for the last 3 years in QSR restaurant management at the assistant GM and GM level. Advancement at my current company may be possible in another 2-5 years, but frankly the company is not poised to continue effectively growing, I cannot see myself working with the people 1-2 levels above me long term, and the company is small enough that there are only a few options for advancement. I also have experience teaching guitar and in performing/composing in the music industry. My bachelor's degree is in music, with a minor in math. Unfortunately I have little other documented marketable skills and few business connections.

Restaurant managing is tough at any level and specialty, and though I have been fairly successful, I would like to leave the industry for a number of reasons. Long unpredictable hours, slim margins, working with (no offence) idiots in the early hiring/training process, etc.

What I am looking for in a career: stability of schedule and employment, comparable or better pay to where I am now (40-50k range) after not too long in the field, ease of entry (no 4+ more years of schooling), and the ability to find work in multiple areas of the country (wife will likely relocate a few times over our career for her more lucrative job).

Area's I have considered: secondary education in math, consulting, and banking. Obviously each had their own pros and cons. I am wondering what these elusive "at the office 40 hours/week but board and spending half one's time of reddit" jobs are that I see posted now and then are, if they actually exist? Any suggestions on careers I may not have considered or am unaware of? Tips on how to leverage work ethic and management experience in a career change?

Thanks to all :)

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Seeking advice for career change Seeking advice for career change Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 26, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.