So I've been job hunting for a reception/office sales job for about a month or so- I'm 20 and have about two years of commission based sales experience, currently in college.
I was asked to interview with this place for a Customer Service/Marketing Consultant job- beautiful area downtown, artsy office space and all. Job description is basically interfacing with clients and building good rapport, plus industry jargon. I was surprised that the company was interested in me at all as I don't really have experience or education in marketing (I'm an Astrobiology major) and I wondered if they'd contacted me by mistake but I go in to interview anyway.
The office, save for a couple tables and chairs, was completely bare. Maybe a few holiday decorations and charging stations, no computers. They said they'd been there for 2 years, but it didn't seem settled at all. No office supplies or offices.
1st interview with HR is maybe 15 minutes, just a getting to know you kind of thing. Kind of vague on what the job roles actually are, at this point "sales, marketing, consulting, and customer service" have been thrown out there. She says she's swamped and can't answer any questions about the job at the time which seems weird to me. I also noticed that the people interviewing all seem very young and inexperienced, one kid was still in high school. I could be wrong but based on conversations around the room it seemed like I was the only one with sales experience.
I'm invited to 2nd interview with hiring manager next morning and I'm grouped with another girl. This interview lasts an hour - some cookie cutter interview questions (Strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work here, etc.) and then he explains a little bit about the company but it's all very vague and general. I asked for a clarification at one point and I noticed he's said a couple of minor conflicting things.
He explains the difference between indirect & direct marketing but when I go home and look these terms up, his explanation was actually inaccurate. After he vaguely explains the job and spends about 20 minutes going over how upward mobility works, he gives us a questionnaire, basically a quiz with questions like "Explain x policy the manager went over with you." None of these things were actually discussed, I was very attentive and took notes. So I bs'ed answers and had a brief one-on-one after where he looks over the questionnaire.
At this point I ask about day-to-day and he explains that the team meets in the morning and then meets with clients for the day. This makes sense given the empty office space, but this is the first mention of having to travel. I want to ask about acquiring leads because at this point I'm not sure if I'm basically going door to door- I know what marketing is and none of the job descriptions I've heard sound like marketing to me. At one point he says something about a base pay, another point he says you're paid this amount per closed account suggesting it's commission only. No explanation of benefits or anything specific.
I feel like I'm being talked in circles at this point. Interview obviously nearing end. Hiring manager goes, "You know, I never hire on the spot, but I'm very impressed by your qualifications and I'd like to offer you this job."
I was suspicious at this point but wasn't thinking properly (interview brain) I said something like "Wow great thanks" and shook hands and he tells me to be there for orientation the next morning at 8AM. The other girl that's with me was given a "thanks, we'll be in touch."
My gut is telling me to run from this and as I type it now I'm realizing these are all serious red flags. They want me to attend orientation tomorrow with forms of ID and everything and I just don't feel comfortable doing this. I'm confident and I'd like to think I'm a good interviewee but it seems like they were a little too eager to bring me on board.
Anyone have experience with situations like this? Is this just a disorganized company or is there something they aren't telling me? Should I even bother attending this orientation? The thing that worries me most is it seems like they're targeting younger people lacking in experience who probably wouldn't know better.
tldr best case terrible sales job, worst case human trafficking front (kidding, mostly.)
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: