Negotiated 7AM to 3PM shift - Some co-workers give me grief over "lunch" hour. Thoughts?

I have a 1 hour to 2 hour commute (one way) to my job depending on traffic. When I was being interviewed, and on-boarded I negotiated a 7AM to 3PM shift (I want to avoid traffic). This was confirmed several times by my boss. He said it was completely fine to come in earlier and leave at 3pm - as long as I'm getting my work done.

But after 4 weeks of leaving at around 3 pm, I'm hearing small side remarks from some other co-workers about lunch "not counting" as part of the typical 8 hour work day. Plus oddly timed conversations about "40 hour work week" and "lunch hour" as I'm walking by.

All my office work has be done on-time, or even turned in early. I have no idea what deal my co-workers negotiated when they were hired, but I'm just going by what my boss told me was Okay. Any advice on how to deal with it? I'm starting to wonder if I should stay longer to "appease" some of them. Like an extra 30 minutes to pay for my "lunch".

(There's also this weird old lady who is in the office at 6AM and stays till about 5PM. I feel like she is watching me intently as I arrive, and watches me when I leave.)

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Negotiated 7AM to 3PM shift - Some co-workers give me grief over "lunch" hour. Thoughts? Negotiated 7AM to 3PM shift - Some co-workers give me grief over "lunch" hour. Thoughts? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 20, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.