Internship interview mind you,
I had an interview last week with a team at one of my dream internships in the creative field. Granted, they asked me questions like cats or dogs? what character do you relate to the most/why? And each time I gave my answer one of my interviewers would go off in a tangent and describe stories in their life pertaining to my answer to which their team members would laugh and chime in with them and add to their conversation leaving me quiet and observing.
An example of how they would go off tangent was when I said I like both cats and dogs because they both offer a different kind of companionship, but it's because as animals they show affection differently--and then someone chimed in about how they get attacked by dobermen at their friends house versus the quiet comfort of their cat and it went on...and on...
They did try to sell me on the company towards the end when I asked them about what they liked about the culture, which mostly went on a tangent again that they get free stuff and how their internship was better than my previous internship.
I wasn't given a handshake on the way out by anyone as they seemed to leave in a rush they did say thank you for coming in (it seemed that they had a meeting to get to), but I was joined by another member on the team on my way out and I chatted with the both of them on the way to my car.
I was told from a previous friend who worked there that the interview was to gage if they can work with you and if you're a cultural fit and if the interview "turns into a conversation" but I mostly chuckled, sat, and nodded while they went off tangent.
If this opportunity or interviewers comes along again, what's the best kind of action to take if they overtake your interview like this? Is this normal? I felt like it'd be rude to interrupt because I was (as casual as it was) at their mercy.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: