Two, three or four week notice?

Hello all,

I will be including a TL;DR at the end of my loooooong essay (just trying to explain my situation as clear as possible).

So basically I got an offer that I liked A LOT which actually involves relocation (to which I don't mind). My scheduled start date is Jan 7 and due to relocation (Lots of luggages) and ticket price, I will be taking the train and leaving my current city on Jan 1st.

I am very grateful for the current job I have. People there are very nice and I've been with them since my internship. However, I am scheduled to work on Jan 1st. On top of that, I have accepted a replacement post of 1 month and a half in the beginning of January (the worker in question that I am replacing is going on paternal leave). The department I am working at is also VERY small (four workers) so I know I'll be putting them is trouble (understaffed) once I leave. Regardless, I have accepted the other offer I've been eyeing on for a while so I will be leaving.

Now here's the problem: Because I don't want to put them in too much trouble, I've considered giving them a three week notice or even one month notice. However, last time when a collegue left, they bullied her for the last two weeks (she handed in a two week). Everyone basically ignored her, even our superior when she went to see him for more discussion. This is why I am hesitating between a two, three weeks or one month notice, but they do need to find another person to do Jan 1st and the 1 month and a half I have accepted in the beginning of January.

Just a little more background to not make me seem like an ass: I have accepted the 1 month and a half replacement in October and everything involving the new job I got was in November (sending CV, interview..., not to mention I was looking into it for a few months and they finally posted a job offer online and I jumped to the chance). In addition my current title is 'part time' with a full time hours because I gave my availabilities. In order to get hours and stable seniority at the place I work, I accepted the parternal replacement post.

TL;DR: got another offer elsewhere, hesitating between giving a two or three or four week notice because of work place bullying but also putting work place understaffed. Saw another worker got bullied for two weeks when she resigned.

Critics and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Two, three or four week notice? Two, three or four week notice? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 30, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.