Interviewer said that they'd call back today and they haven't (although they haven't closed yet)?

It's 4:21 PM where I live and they close at 9 PM.

I remember the interview being short with frequent interruptions. I was supposed to come at 1 PM but came at 12:57 PM. He told me to have a seat while he finished up a class with another kid.

Then he chatted with me for a few minutes, asking me general questions, like tell me about yourself and how will X affect your availability.

The interview was very short, like 10-15 minutes. He also asked me "can you tutor stats, biology, chemistry, and Spanish" and I said yes to all of them.

Towards the end, he said that I asked good questions and gave me a general rundown of the company, saying that they paid 18/hour and it'd go up with credentials, that I'd get paid for lesson plans and stuff too and said stuff about the flexibility and all that.

He said that he'd talk to his co-owner and let me know by today but I've heard nothing lol.

He seemed distracted during the interview and talking super fast, all while attending to parents who were coming in and out. He apologized for all that.

Those are probably all bad signs--short interview, being distracted/having to attend to parents (seemed like he was the only teacher there, however, so maybe no choice), but yeah, idk, any advice or insight?

Should I just cut my losses and move on, or is it not enough time? I interviewed with them at 1 PM yesterday.

I have other offers but they paid well and I'd get to teach something I liked so yeah disappointed if it really is a soft rejection :/

Also, this place didn't put up a job ad so maybe I wasn't really competing with anyone. But at the same time, they weren't really hiring, perhaps (although if that was the case, why even interview me)? Like it would have saved them time to just email me back and say "nope, not hiring" or just not even reply to my email and resume and cover letter.

I was lowkey desperate so I just sent my resume to a bunch of places and got invited to an interview.

Additionally, I'm a novice at interviews, I think (I'm 19) but I don't think I did anything that would be a red flag, I think. At least he wasn't blunt about his displeasure at anything I did or said. He was nice throughout the interview, just super rushed. I didn't get a gut feeling the interview was going badly, but who knows? I just left super confused because it was so short.

Maybe the only thing I did poorly at was that they started with "are you getting a teaching credential" and I said "no," and he said "that's fine; you don't have to be."

I have a lot of teaching experience on my CV, as this is a tutoring place, but should I have lied and gone along with it? I enjoy teaching, but I don't want to do it as a career. The co-owners are both teachers, btw.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Interviewer said that they'd call back today and they haven't (although they haven't closed yet)? Interviewer said that they'd call back today and they haven't (although they haven't closed yet)? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 30, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.