How to deal with toxic boss who’s new to the company, admitted he’s retiring in 2 years and didn’t give me promotion/raise as promised by former manager?
I’ve worked for this company for 10+ years... I’m in my early 30’s and a female in a completely male dominated industry. My new boss is a former VP of my small company and now working as a manager at the bottom of the corporate ladder of a huge organization. He’s in his late 50’s and said he would be retiring in a few years.
I am struggling with his management style... I really feel like he doesn’t value me or anyone on our team. He completely disregards my recommendations/advice on how to deal with our customers or handle an issue internally. I have so many examples of him doing this. I really feel like he has some confidence issues and challenged with retaining information.
It’s become apparent after working with him since January that he isn’t invested in this job at all... I really feel like he’s coasting to take advantage of our RSU sign on bonus. At my most recent review, he didn’t follow through with expectations for a raise/promotion that were set and documented by my former manager. I had 2 skip level meetings with his manager and I have been told I will not get the promotion/raise at this time.
I asked for a “plan” to get me to this promotion and was told they can’t make “promises” for these things. I know that’s bullshit because we have career planning path templates on our internal website. I’ve been doing the job for 3+ years now, always had positive performance reviews and my responsibilities have grown tremendously since he was hired, I had a better balance of work with my former manager.
It’s been brought to my attention that I’m the lowest paid female in my role within the entire organization. I opened an HR case to request a market survey of my compensation, current position in salary range/grade since the skip level meetings went no where. I haven’t received an update since the case was opened 2 weeks ago, although I was told my boss’ boss would be reaching out to me to address my concerns and discuss a plan for a promotion.
The fact that I’m underpaid, my direct manager doesn’t seem to care about learning corporate policies or valuing my knowledge is driving me nuts. It may be time to leave, but I really do like my job, the people I work with outside of him and the organization I work for. I’m hoping I didn’t make a mistake opening the HR case, but really can’t stand to work for this guy anymore.
TL;DR - new manager isn’t invested in people management or following corporate guidelines... I’m a young female in a male dominated industry and struggling to deal with his management style, while knowing I’m underpaid for the job I do.
Thanks for letting me vent. Open to advice, experience with similar situations or books/Ted talks that may help while I wait for an update from HR / boss’s boss.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: