Currently a high school intern for an investment bank, and I want to turn this internship into something more. How should I go about networking to make this happen? (more info in desc.)
Hi! I am currently a high school business analyst intern for an investment bank. I got this internship because they partner with our school to provide internships for our students. I have been succeeding while working here so far, and my managers love me and the work I do. I want to transform this into something more. Listed below are my possible goals:
GOALS
Dream Goal: Have the company pay for my college tuition, have me come back every summer to intern, and have a full time position after college.
Realistic Goal: Use this high school internship to leverage myself a college internship in college at the same company, which will hopefully grant me a full-time internship in college.
PLAN FOR REACHING OUT
I have identified a few people at the company whom I hope to schedule chats with (Heads of Campus Recruiting, Talent Acquisition, Career Mobility, etc.).
I plan to email them something along the lines of this:
>Dear whoever
>I am (insert name here). I am currently a business analyst intern for (this department). As you are the head of (whatever department), I would love to have your advice in helping me find a path through and after college. I would be grateful to have 20-30 minutes to chat over a cup of coffee any time you are free.
>Thank You,
>My name here.
PLAN FOR NETWORKING
My end goal is to transform this into a job, and convince the company to have a vested interest in me. This is how I plan to have the conversation:
1: Shake hands, say hello.
2: Introduce myself (What school I go to, what work I have done for the company).
3: Have them introduce theirselves.
4: Ask a couple of questions about themselves based on their introduction.
5: Talk about senior year of high school, what colleges I have been accepted to (hopefully something impressive by the time this comes around).
6: I will talk about why I love working here so much, and ask if they are aware of any other opportunities/programs available for me that I can pursue.
7: I will mention that a competing investment bank offers a program to High School Students where they pay for their tuition and have them come back for internships every summer, and finish with a full time job. I will then ask, is there anything like that here?
8: Thank them and set up a follow up.
QUESTIONS/ADVICE I NEED:
1: Should I tell my manager that I intend to set up meetings and networking with higher-level people, and how should I tell her without making it seem like I am going over her head?
2: Will my process work, and is there anything I should change about how I am going about doing this?
3: I want to come off as ambitious and motivated, but I don't want to come off as a gold digger. How do I ensure it happens that way?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: