Accepted offer contingent on background check, another employer is contacting about an interview. What to do?

First post here and posting from mobile so please pardon any formatting errors.

I recently graduated and began the job application process. I applied to two companies, company A and company Z. Company A was hiring immediately while company Z was hiring for a position offered at a later time. Both contacted me for initial interviews. After the first round of interviews, Company A contacted me within days to proceed while Company Z kept me in limbo for 2-3 weeks. In the time that company Z did not contact me, I went through multiple rounds of interviews with company A and accepted an offer that was contingent on a background check. In addition, I negotiated a start date which is in the next few days and have started the onboarding phase. After accepting the offer with company A, company Z contacts me back and is inviting me to the next round of interviews.

The onboarding phase consists of a background check. I’m worried that there’s a slim chance my offer can be revoked as a result of my background check, despite my start date being within the next few days.

I prefer to work for company A than company Z.

Things brings me to my primary concerns:

• The start date is rather soon. What’s the likelihood that company A will rescind their offer on day one?

• Would it be wrong of me to contact company Z back since I have accepted an offer with company A?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Accepted offer contingent on background check, another employer is contacting about an interview. What to do? Accepted offer contingent on background check, another employer is contacting about an interview. What to do? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 30, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.