How to deal with a boss who doesn’t know what they’re doing and makes everything your fault?

Alright so I work in the newspaper industry as a designer. Right before I got hired our boss got promoted from advertising to overseeing the ‘copy/presentation desk.’ This causes a problem because she doesn’t know the difference between fonts, how things change from day-to-day and why we can’t always be busy.

My first few months everything has been going pretty good. I stay out of her way because she’s very prone to yelling when she’s not getting her way.

Recently they’ve been making a whole lot of changes to what we’re actually doing with our everyday tasks. Not only has she been making us change the way we’ve been doing things to ‘save time’ (it’s not, she’s added at least 10 minutes to some steps that usually took 5), but also she’s been really into our e-edition and making sure it’s perfect.

Now it wouldn’t be that big of a deal if it wasn’t for the fact that we have to make sure EVERYTHING is in Blox so that it shows up correctly otherwise we get emails about what’s wrong. I literally have 4 emails in my work inbox atm about things that went wrong over the weekend. Also, when we first started doing this (like a month and a halfish ago) I forgot to attach one photo to a refer and had a passive aggressive email the next day about it.

Now it’s getting 10 times worse and we keep bringing up issues we’re having when we’re trying to do some things and she doesn’t really help us.

For example: We run columns 4 times a week on our local section. What we use for their column pictures are snippets that we’ve had for awhile. She knows that those aren’t in Blox and we’ve brought it up. She hasn’t fixed it and now I have an email about it.

I don’t know what to do? I know this is part of the real world, but, like, it’s my first job out of college and I haven’t had to deal with it before.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to deal with a boss who doesn’t know what they’re doing and makes everything your fault? How to deal with a boss who doesn’t know what they’re doing and makes everything your fault? Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 31, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.