Was your onboarding/training period long/good enough? What did you need?

TL;DR: I'm curious what is normal for IT/office work onboarding. I've read it's supposed to last like 8 months. In the Phoenix Project, he mentions employers shouldn't expect employees to really be integrated until 6-12 months of onboarding. What was your process like?

My story:

I was hired as a Security Analyst I 3 weeks ago. Honestly, it has been hell. The MSP is attempting to become an MSSP, and they have 1 security guy who does everything.

I don't know how credentialed they thought I was, just because I caught a lucky 10-week internship at a global leader in Cybersecurity--but I barely know anything. I was hired after 1 phone interview.

My boss acts like 1 week of cramming ConnectWise, Automate, PassPortal/AlienVault/AntiVirus, etc should have prepared me, and he's overloaded, so only has like 30 minutes a day to help guide me. There's a lot of KB articles of unknown validity, which is annoying.

Having to find out how to do things like examine SIEM logs when Idk wtf I'm doing is rough. This is the first time I've been in a situation where the general theme is "this is how you get to the answer--work". I guess that's just what big boy jobs are?

It's so stressful. Not the least of which because I laid on my ass for 5 years and grew accustomed to being free. I worked hard, got an AAS, but I just worked part time jobs for the most part. And my internship was full time, but remote. On top of this, I have a history of mental illness like Major Depression, but most recently panic attacks. My anxiety is through the roof. I'm desperately searching for any way to work 35 hours instead of 40, or a remote job or something. My muscles are so tense at work, and the cortisol flood makes concentration so difficult, that everyone already thinks I'm an idiot, even though I can do it, and I have a wide range of knowledge across IT disciplines, if only an inch deep.

Anyway, that's my vent. Thank you for reading. What's yours?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Was your onboarding/training period long/good enough? What did you need? Was your onboarding/training period long/good enough? What did you need? Reviewed by Louhi on août 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.