Switching Careers?

So, due to COVID I was furloughed and then let go from my job.

It really impacted me and I've been reevaluating what I want to do and what I really want in my life.

I am considering switching careers and going back to school to get a Masters in Psychology. I don't know if I would like to continue to get a PhD or not to become a Psychologist or if I would just become therapist. The thing that most interests me about this would be listening and helping people. I already have an interest in the field as I remember my undergraduate course in Psychology and have since read multiple books for years and watched lectures online about Psychology. I also took the GRE several years ago, the scores are still valid, and I think the scores were okay (164V,151Q, 5.5W) although I would have to work on the Quantitative score.

The upsides are that I know that I would be paid more as a therapist. I was a HS teacher and then a youth minister and I never made more than $30K/yr even after yrs. Another up side is that I genuinely thing I have the personality and intellectual aptitude for this work. Looking at the estimated growth projections for this job it looks like there will be a 22% increase in demand in the next few years, which bodes well.

What I have to consider is the price of going back to school during COVID and that I feel like I'm "too old" now that I'm 31. Do you think this could work?

I know that the employment field is just messed up right now and it's hard to find job.

I also know that a lot of us are in the same boat of trying to figure out what to do.

What do you guys think? Do you think this might work?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Switching Careers? Switching Careers? Reviewed by Louhi on août 31, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.