Wife doesn’t want to hear about opportunities anymore

After being with a company for 6 years I did a bit of job hopping. 1 year here, 2 years there. I’m on job 4 in 6 years. All with progressive responsibility and managed volume (budget and staff, I’m in business operations).

I do like to interview. I’ve gotten very good at it. And I’m honest with my wife every time. I was laid off during covid and had to piece things together to make things work and we never got into a bad spot.

Ive been with my current company for 4 months and I love it. It’s commercial real estate and quality of life is great, but I took a pay cut. I now have an opportunity at the VP level with a company I worked with previously and enjoyed as well. I want to take it cuz the money is so good and long term potential is amazing. But it’s in Houston. We live in DC.

My thing is, she doesn’t even want to hear me out. She’s tired of it she says. Tired of me interviewing and not being in the same job. But for me, being 37, this is an amazing opportunity to set us up for the rest of our lives.

For reference, she is a government employee that gets paid well, but has had 2 jobs in 12 years and is happy to stay put and ride it out until she vests for her pension.

I guess my question is, I’m having a difficult time even having the conversation about moving and setting our family up for long term, whereas her concerns are short term. I need some advice to help her understand my POV cuz I keep getting shut down. I get what she’s saying and I understand, but knit getting the same courtesy.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Wife doesn’t want to hear about opportunities anymore Wife doesn’t want to hear about opportunities anymore Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 05, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.