What should I know/prepare walking into a meeting about salary? Please help!

I had my final interview, and the interviewer brought up salary. The range provided was honestly disappointing - I would either take a pay cut or move laterally. That said, there are great opportunities to grow professionally that I currently do not have at a job I hate, so a lateral move wouldn't be horrible. The interviewer asked me to send a follow up with my thoughts and salary expectations (I had not provided a number in the interview).

I followed up today with a desired range slightly above what I was provided, and I got a request to meet with one of the supervisors tomorrow. I assume this has to do with salary expectations - not sure what else it would be, considering I already interviewed with this individual.

How do I best prepare for this meeting? Are average salaries on Glassdoor and such even relevant, given they already provided a range? Should I mention my current salary and state I cannot afford to take a pay cut at this time?

Also, any negotiation tips would be appreciated. I've never negotiated salary like this before.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

What should I know/prepare walking into a meeting about salary? Please help! What should I know/prepare walking into a meeting about salary? Please help! Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 29, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.