Is a 30% pay raise worth leaving an internal offer that has a lot of potential growth?

So here is the scoop:

I am currently a Manufacturing Engineering at a defense company. I've been here for 4 years and recently earned my master's.

Company A (Current Company | Defense Contractor):

  • I recently just interviewed for an internal position to be a Project Manager and got a verbal offer.
  • The internal pay raise will probably be around 8-10%
  • This role does come with a promotion
  • I actually don't mind the company. I am just getting bored with my product line
  • 9/80 schedule (Every other Friday is off)
  • I would be working with a director:
    • A lot of exposure to with upper management (THIS CAN BE A GOOD OR A BAD THING)
    • She is actually really knowledgeable and was super interesting to talk to. I feel like I can learn a lot from her. She would basically be my mentor/boss while I am getting up to speed with being a PM
    • Potential to get into interesting roles in the future
    • Working on a lot of different projects and networking
    • A hybrid WFH - Basically I am only needed onsite when I have to face to face with people or I can be onsite the entire time. Up to me!
      • A hybrid role would be interesting since I like cooking fresh breakfast and lunches
      • I could go for a mid-day bike ride (I love cycling - I've lost around 100 lbs) or a bouldering session

Company B ( Another Defense Contractor) :

  • They recently sent me over a verbal offer (waiting on the written one)
  • It would be a 30% pay increase (putting me a few grand over six figures)
  • The position would be similar to what I am doing now, but a senior engineering role and a different product line
  • They work 4 10's (so every Friday is off)
  • The commute is 15 minutes longers than my current one
  • I would have to pay back around $5000 (They paid for my Masters so I would owe some to my current company)
  • 100% on-site (which I am OK with)
usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is a 30% pay raise worth leaving an internal offer that has a lot of potential growth? Is a 30% pay raise worth leaving an internal offer that has a lot of potential growth? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 27, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.