Internal Interview - how do I inform my boss?

Last week I saw an internal job at the corporate office for the company I work for. It is a job that I really want and I applied for it. I received a phone and video interview within the first few days of applying. My boss was out of the office last week, so I did not inform her then. Because the video interview went so well, I am expecting another interview. I am also expecting my boss may be contacted for a recommendation.

My boss is very mean and difficult to work with. She belittles my coworkers and my staff in front of our peers. She shuts us down from communicating. I know I have done a phenomenal job in working with her this past year and a half we have worked together. But now I want out of this miserable work environment. I have held this management position for 10 years and it's time for me to do something more with my career.

I am scared that my boss will retaliate and force me to stay by giving me a bad recommendation. She is one of those who will talk and argue until she gets her way. And she always gets her way. I do all of her work for her. So I am really scared she will do her utmost to ruin this for me. She must be handled firmly and assertively or else she will step all over me.

How do I inform my boss that I have applied for this position at the corporate office? How can I nicely clear the air and also let her know that I am expecting a good recommendation?

Obviously a conversation would be best. Because I am so afraid of her reaction, I plan to notify her via email. Please help me with how to appropriately word this email and not come off as unprofessional or unforthcoming.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Internal Interview - how do I inform my boss? Internal Interview - how do I inform my boss? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 27, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.