I need to find something new.

TL;DR - Been working at Walmart for 8 months. I want out but don't know what to do, especially because it's my first job. I don't want to keep looking for the perfect opportunity and feel I need to make a change ASAP. Upset by co-workers not caring.

I've been working at Walmart (CAP 2) for just over eight months, and have been ready to quit for a while now. I could write a whole essay on my experience, but I think a lot of my problems boil down to most of the team consisting of part-time high school students who simply don't care. With the truck unloading being one of the hardest parts of the day, at first I was kind of optimistic that it would get better because we would have more people because it's summer now, but it's still just as rough. The stacking and organization of pallets is probably worse than it's ever been, and just seeing people walk slowly up and down the line doing next to nothing is infuriating. At least the team leads and the few 2pm-11pm people we have right now are pretty cool. I've been trying to wait it out and see if things would get better - as the processes have been changing - but I think it's become clear that no matter how many changes are made that new problems will arise. I'm in the position where I feel like a bunch of random things are thrown at me because I actually know what I'm doing. I have a feeling people will keep expecting more and more of me, just because I'm decent at what I do. I could probably even become a Team Lead in the future and move up if I stay, but is that really what I want? I end up doing overtime pretty much every night, because despite everything, I still kind of feel bad for the team leads having to deal with all of this stuff too. I can't do it anymore though.

I don't know what exactly I'm expecting by writing this, I'm just hoping somebody can give me some advice. I keep checking for jobs, but it seems to all be the same. All of these warehouse and retail jobs don't seem like they could make a big difference. Honestly though, at this point I'm thinking about just applying to other retail positions to see if they are any better, because even if they are as bad as people say, maybe I will at least find a team of people who care and I can get along with. The only thing keeping me here is the decent pay ($15/hr) and the fact that I don't really want to be unemployed. It certainly doesn't help that because this is my first job, I'm scared to make any sort of change. What if whatever I end up getting is worse? These days are so long I don't know how much longer I can do it.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I need to find something new. I need to find something new. Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 04, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.