Graduated in May. Unsure which offer to accept: higher pay & more prestigious offer, or more interesting/exciting offer but lower pay?

Hi everyone! I’m a recent college grad (Spring 2021) in the SF Bay Area currently working a full-time internship at biotech company, and I also interviewed at a tech-y entertainment company (before I got the first offer), and I’m genuinely confused which of 2 offers to take:

1) the biotech company I intern at is offering a full-time contract position (right after my internship ends next month) ‘til the end of the year (Dec 2021), paying ~$40/hr, partially remote (hybrid)

2) a different tech/entertainment company is offering a post-grad full-time internship position until Spring 2022, paying ~$25/hr, 100% remote

Pros of both:

  • both huge huge huge companies with lots of people to work with & meet

  • both rated highly for employee happiness/satisfaction of working there

Pros of #1

  • already know & like many employees there as well as my manager (won't have to adjust to culture/environment/introductions)

  • better pay

  • more well-known company

  • full-time role probably looks better on a resume than intern role post-grad (?)

  • in charge of/owning/controlling/managing a lot more projects

  • much more challenging work, attending a lot more meetings & more responsibilities

Pros of #2

  • enjoy the creative work I’ll be doing more (from what I gathered from the job description & interview with the manager about the projects)

  • easier to connect with current employees because of the younger demographic & interests in entertainment / shared passion & interest for the industry

  • guaranteed working until April-ish as opposed to December

  • very writing-based (my dream is to be a writer but I haven’t had any professional experience like this)

  • completely remote (!!!)

  • possible offer of extension/FTE afterwards

So basically #1 pays better and is much more well-known/prestigious & challenging (despite being temporary - after December I have to go job searching again), but #2 interests me more & I would gain new/different experiences, connections, and skills that I haven’t had job/internship experience in before (and some interns end up working there full-time).

Thank you :)

edit: can't format

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Graduated in May. Unsure which offer to accept: higher pay & more prestigious offer, or more interesting/exciting offer but lower pay? Graduated in May. Unsure which offer to accept: higher pay & more prestigious offer, or more interesting/exciting offer but lower pay? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 26, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.