Got an offer for a job that I really want but the salary is lower than what I make

This morning I had a zoom interview which I didn't think it went that well. Later this afternoon I got a call from HR and they presented an offer. The role is very interesting and I really like it more than my current position. I'm seriously considering on taking the offer, but here's the dilemma:

  • I started in my current company (manufacturer of building materials) only a month ago. I get along well with everyone and my boss is great, and has been very supportive so far. I don't enjoy or care much for what I'm doing, but have many years of experience in the field. I'm making a base salary of $95K CAD + $10K-$15K CAD bonus based on productivity (company is not doing great this year so I might not get the bonus)

  • The offer for the new role (Construction PM) is $75K CAD base salary + $10K productivity bonus + $1,000 CAD monthly allowance for car expenses. I might be able to negotiate a higher base salary. My background will help me suceed in the role, but I don't have as much experience. Also, the salary will be lower even if I am able to negotiate it. I could take the hit financially but it is not ideal since I'm paying a mortgage.

The other thing is I don't really know what to tell my current boss if I were to resign. I am not usually into jumping between jobs so easily but I want to pursue a career in an area I'm more passionate about. What do you guys think?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Got an offer for a job that I really want but the salary is lower than what I make Got an offer for a job that I really want but the salary is lower than what I make Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.