Getting discouraged with the job search, how can I refine my searches and improve my odds?

I graduated a year ago with a degree in Biology. When it comes to lab science, nobody cares about a bachelor’s, plus you need all these years of experience for an “entry level” job. I worked for a wholesale tropical fish importer for a while, but that was depressing. I’m now working as a diver which is very cool, but very physically demanding and my injured body can’t take it long term. I’m sticking with it for now, but I’m only making about 800 weekly which is not cutting it for Southern California. It’s a fair weather job, rain means dirty, undiveable water and no pay. An ear infection means 2 weeks of no diving and no pay. It’s just not steady/reliable enough.

My problem is, I have no “dream job” to strive for. I like nature, ecology, restoration, etc. but those options are limited near me. I’m currently pushing for wastewater treatment, but the government hiring process is SLOW and the one time I had a fighting chance, one of their mechanics quit, so they scrapped my position and hired a mechanic instead.

I’m a smart, capable individual and look fairly good on paper, but it’s brutal trying to find a career job out here. I can get a position easy enough in retail or whatever lower level job, but it’s killing me not being able to find a position that can actually sustain me in the area. I’m 25 and still stuck living at home.

What kind of options are there for recruiting? I feel like it’d be great to “interview” with an agency and convey my strengths and interests to someone who can then assist in finding a good position. But I don’t know how to go about finding that. I know temp agencies are a thing, but from what I’ve seen, they don’t usually get you into a higher/worthwhile position.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Getting discouraged with the job search, how can I refine my searches and improve my odds? Getting discouraged with the job search, how can I refine my searches and improve my odds? Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 31, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.