Any advice on how to go about second interview? (Recent graduate + Relocating)

Hello all, first time poster in this sub. I'm a recent graduate (graduated December 2020) and I've been applying for months. I just managed to get past the phone screen and get a second interview for a position in the San Francisco Bay Area. I will take the position if offered (it seems like a good company and pay + benefits is competitive for entry level work in my field in this area); however, I was looking for some advice on some things that will come up:

  • I do not currently live in the Bay Area; I currently live in Oklahoma (my resume lists my current town) This was not mentioned in the phone screen, though they did schedule the second interview as a video meeting; however, I don't know how much of this is COVID and how much of this is because they know from my resume that I'm non-local. In any case, getting out of Oklahoma is a top priority for me (I am LGBT and non-religious, so leaving the state is what's best for my mental health and my safety)
  • My resume was accurate at the time of applying, and at the time of the phone screen, but is now out of date; it lists my previous position (not in the same field) as my current one, but I left that position at the start of this month for many reasons; in part because I would come home from work and not want to do much of anything, let alone apply for jobs, in part because the position was always meant to be temporary (and my employer understood this) and I felt like I couldn't keep waiting for the right opportunity before leaving, but also because of a general toxic work environment (tl;dr: manager talked poorly about me and other employees behind our backs, violated labor law several times, and pressured lower management into making a false 911 call on a disorderly but non-violent customer who we had to ban from the store). In addition, a certification that is relevant for the position was pending both at the time of application and at the time of the phone screen, but my application for this certification has since been approved.

Any advice on how to address these concerns in the interview would be appreciated. Thanks!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Any advice on how to go about second interview? (Recent graduate + Relocating) Any advice on how to go about second interview? (Recent graduate + Relocating) Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 03, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.