Do you recommend leaving a good job for your own mental health? I think I reached burn out

I (28yo) have been working for nearly 5 years in the IT industry and I think I have reached some sort of burn out. I am currently at a company where the pay an benefits are really great, the colleagues too. However, I cannot seem to do this anymore, it is affecting me physically and mentally, with such things as:

  • Insomnia before every workday.
  • Foggy mind when doing tasks where you have to think a little.
  • Dreadful feeling whenever I have to work or receive new tasks I have never done.
  • Tired all day. Spend most afternoons on the bed.
  • Cannot concentrate or learn new things anymore.
  • Questioning if this is the right career for me.
  • Questioning what I really want to do with my life.

I am barely working, I don't know how people didn't even notice yet, I keep making things up during standups as If I was progressing.

I have taken some 1week/2week vacations but all these feelings always come back after a few days. Does this symptoms suggest that I should take a career break? Or perhaps look for another job?

I think a 6-month break could help me restart and figure out what I want to do. I have enough savings to survive without work for around 1-1.5 years. And while my current job has a great pay and benefits, I realized that the extra money sure helped me save more, but the extra difficulty of the job didn't make me any happier.

What do you think? Do you have any similar experience to share?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Do you recommend leaving a good job for your own mental health? I think I reached burn out Do you recommend leaving a good job for your own mental health? I think I reached burn out Reviewed by Louhi on juin 10, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.