Declined an interview after reading negative reviews online, but the company contacted me later on to urge me to reconsider...Is this suspicious? How do I handle this type of situation?

Hi all!

I am about to graduate from college this week, and I had submitted my resume for an entry-level marketing position to a small local publishing company a few weeks ago, yet after reading the reviews of the company online, I had decided that the company was not for me (a lot of employees on Glassdoor and indeed had said a lot of negative things about the work environment and the upper management being verbally abusive, etc.). When the assistant to the talent acquisition manager contacted me today for an interview, I had politely declined and stated that I was pursuing other job opportunities, and she passed it along to her boss, and I thought that was the end of that. Two hours later, I see a voicemail pop up on my phone, and it’s the talent acquisition manager, urging me to reconsider, and saying things about the job environment and the salary (when I had done my application, I was required to enter in the desired salary, and I put in my desired salary, and she had mentioned that the starting salary was about USD 10,000 higher than what I had originally put in.) It seemed very strange to me and came across as kind of desperate. I didn’t want to burn any bridges, however, so I had called her back not long after that. I had then stated that I was not interested in furthering my candidacy, and I didn’t think the role was for me. She then asked me if I had read the reviews online, and I kind of froze, because that really caught me by surprise. She went on to go on and on about how these reviews were written by bitter, disgruntled former employees, and how that shouldn’t affect my perceptions of them, as they were a small, family-owned company with a lot of loyal employees, and went in on the perks of the company (free lunch, holiday party, 401K, etc.). I don’t know what popped into my head, but then I blurted out that I would go through with the interview. She was ecstatic and had her assistant set up an interview a few days from now. I feel nothing but regret right now, and I am really nervous because I don’t know how this interview will go, but I figure I give them a chance because I really don’t have a lot of job prospects out there (especially in this COVID era job market). I honestly don't quite know what to make of this situation, and I am very apprehensive right now. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle a situation like this?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Declined an interview after reading negative reviews online, but the company contacted me later on to urge me to reconsider...Is this suspicious? How do I handle this type of situation? Declined an interview after reading negative reviews online, but the company contacted me later on to urge me to reconsider...Is this suspicious? How do I handle this type of situation? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 17, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.