Concern over employment verification due to accepting an offer and then receiving a better offer afterward. I want to take the better offer. Have already given notice at current role.

I have been interviewing with two companies. Company A moved things along quickly, and I ended up getting and accepting an offer from them 6 days after my first interview. I really liked the people and the description of the job at Company B, but they were taking their time, and I didn’t think anything was going to come of it. I ended up getting an offer this week for Company B and I want it. I gave 2 weeks’ notice to my current job last Monday, and am expected to start this coming week with Company A. I plan to rescind my job offer acceptance with Company A. I know it’s not ideal and it burns bridges, but Company B is a better fit in every way.

My concern is with the background check. Will it look weird/suspicious when they do the employment verification portion of the background check and it shows that my last day in my current role is the end of this week? It feels like I have not been upfront about what I’m doing behind the scenes, and I am just concerned about it being flagged and having to explain myself. It’s really none of Company B’s business, but I can see how it would make them think twice about me being flakey, so I would prefer they did not know. I did not sign anything with Company A and they have not begun a background check, so I do not have any legal concerns… even though my conscience feels a little dirty for causing an inconvenience to Company A.

I feel like I am likely overthinking this. I just am freaking out because I’ve given notice to my current role, I’m not planning on taking the job with Company A anymore, and if Company B discovers this, I am scared I will be out of all three jobs. Truly this feels like a rookie mistake, so please don’t judge me too harshly because I’m already judging myself. I really just want out of my current role, and jumped at Company A when it didn’t seem like anything else was coming.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Concern over employment verification due to accepting an offer and then receiving a better offer afterward. I want to take the better offer. Have already given notice at current role. Concern over employment verification due to accepting an offer and then receiving a better offer afterward. I want to take the better offer. Have already given notice at current role. Reviewed by Louhi on avril 28, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.