It's Just One Disappointment After Another

This going to be more of a rant/me getting on my soapbox. Before I begin, I'm a college student and I live with my parents. In the grand scheme of things I'm well off and blessed to be where I am, so I know that this will come off as entitled or even apathetic, but it really is not my intention. I typically use my part-time employment to pay for part of my tuition, books, my personal expenses, and other disposable income. Without it, those expenses fall on my mom.

I've been rejected by three employers today and terminated. I am so tired and I'm ready to give up. I'm tired of having my time wasted. I'm tired of wasting my time getting ready for interviews. I'm tired of barreling down the road while the money I'm spending on gas is going down the drain. I'm tired of having to stroke egos and kiss ass for a job that pays barely above minimum wage. I'm tired of useless ass advice from the lips of people pretending to care about I'm saying. I'm tired of hearing "we'll call you" from employers who knew damn well that they had know intentions on filling that position. I'm tired of making endless amounts of phone calls to follow up. I'm tired of hearing "we aren't hiring" only to see that employer post a new job listing two days later.

I was "let go" in December as the result of a group of women at my job who decided that I "wasn't enthusiastic enough (which was empirically and objectively false)." See this article below. Yes, there was implicit racism involved and I'm not debating that with any of you. Happy Black History month :).

See The Article That Applies Here.

Since then the market for front desk and guest service agent jobs is nothing but dog shit wrapped in cat shit. I'm college educated and actually over qualified for most of these jobs I've applied for.

So, I was invited to apply for this job via Indeed. I put in an application and I hear from the employer the next day. The place looked very chic and reputable. I attend the interview and it goes off without a hitch and I was hired immediately. The next day I'm called to do "one or two hours of training."

This job listing was listed as part time and I was told that they needed three hires for this role. I was interviewed and trained by their one and only front desk associate. Throughout the "training," I was applauded for how well I caught one and quickly I adapted to the job. I then learn that this training is not paid and a part of an "assessment (I'm not sure about the legality of this but regardless I worked for free and wasn't 'trained' at all)."

So, I get the job and it's established that I will work a full shift on the weekends and half a shift on Wednesday. I worked Saturday and Sunday and then today, on Tuesday, the day before I'm supposed to to work, I receive a call from the woman that "trained" me saying that they've "found a stronger candidate," which would result in my termination. Two days after I was hired.

My primary gripe is that, according to them, I had to be fired because they found ONE stronger candidate despite (according to them) needing THREE people to fill the position. There were numerous red flags other than those which I chose to ignore because I was so happy to finally find a job. I have to go pick up my meager ass check next Tuesday. I'm so tired.

Not even minimum wage jobs are hiring anymore. I live in a very large city in the South, and COVID guidelines are un-ethically lenient, so I don't understand where the spots for the people who were considered essential at one point have gone now. I honestly don't want to go back to serving or retail because I CANNOT and the human body was not MEANT to be forced to stand upright for 8 hours without interruption.

Not being able to find a job is hard enough but it honestly feels like no one in the entire world gives a damn about me. I understand that almost everyone is struggling and I'm not alone, I'm don't even have it HALF as bad as others, but it feels horrible being unseen and unheard and feeling like I'm going nowhere. It feels like I have no option but to sit on my ass and do nothing all day but be useless and contribute nothing to society.

I don't want to hear "just be patient" or "just keep applying" or any other advice that doesn't do anything for me. I've done everything I can do and at this point I plan to close/deactivate my profiles on Indeed, Glassdoor, and Ziprecruiter. I don't even want a damn job anymore, I give up.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

It's Just One Disappointment After Another It's Just One Disappointment After Another Reviewed by Louhi on février 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.