Human Resources: Is getting a master's degree advisable for someone who is just entering the field?

Don't have any work experience in HR or adjacent fields, barring payroll for about a year. My undergrad is also unrelated, bachelor's in psych w/concentration in applied psych. Been thinking about getting a master's degree that's related to HR to supplement my lack of experience in the field and to help me get SHRM/HRCI certified sooner. Is this a good idea, or should I wait until I have more experience before pursuing a master's? Also, in this hypothetical scenario, would someone with a master's and HR certification be a competitive applicant, or would you be passed over for someone with more experience and less education? From what I understand and through research, HR is heavily dependent on actual work experience. I'd like to certified sooner and elevate my earning potential, if possible. However, I'm also worried getting a master's immediately (I'm about to finish undergrad) is a bad idea because the return on investment may not happen, i.e., the degree is ultimately pointless because I still need the work experience and at that point, a master's would not be necessary.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Human Resources: Is getting a master's degree advisable for someone who is just entering the field? Human Resources: Is getting a master's degree advisable for someone who is just entering the field? Reviewed by Louhi on février 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.