31 and utterly disheartened

Hey everyone - I'm looking for some advice.

I graduated with a degree in Economics from a fairly prestigious university in NYC. Worked in real estate for 8+ years and had a brief stint as a financial advisor.

Most of the jobs I had in real estate and finance were soul crushing and didn't seem to offer much except useless experience and barely enough of a paycheck. They ALWAYS demand way too much and reward way too little. I decided at the end of 2019 to commit to finding film/music/audio work, but with the pandemic that has obviously been delayed.

For at least the past 4 years I've been looking for work related to my economics background i.e. economic policy research, analyst positions etc. etc. I could legitimately see myself working a position more related to my economics background, but I can't get ANYTHING.

I apply online all the time. I tailor my resume, rewrite cover letters over and over, but never get any responses. I'm starting to wonder if I've passed my window of opportunity to get the kind of work I'm really interested in. I feel like I have mastered nothing and I am unable to get anywhere because I can't seem to find the opportunities necessary to prove myself. I'm repeatedly told I have a great resume and that my cover letters are creative and well-written. I did well in school (dean's list) and can easily get recommendations from previous employers and university professors.

This isn't ONLY because of the pandemic. I've had this problem since I graduated in 2016 and I'm losing all hope. I just turned 31 years old and feel like my life is being wasted by lack of opportunity and a hefty student loan payment.

Am I a lost cause?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

31 and utterly disheartened 31 and utterly disheartened Reviewed by Louhi on février 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.