How to convince my boss to let me work remotely from out-of-state

I work in a very small architecture firm in Iowa, and am currently on track to become a licensed architect. However, due to a number of personal circumstances I am planning to move with my wife to her home town of Orlando, FL in November 2021. I love my work and would love to continue working for my current firm remotely with the occasional visit to the office and any projects. But the move is set in stone, with or without this job.

My question is two-fold: how do I approach the move with my boss, and what are the legal and tax implications for the company that will have to be worked out?

Some background info... I am one of only two drafters, and the only employee on track to gain licensure. I also have 6 years of experience with the firm. For these reasons, as well as our office's location (a VERY unexciting/unappealing part of Iowa) I consider myself very difficult to replace.

In terms of remote-work culture in the firm... I have worked remotely off and on through the pandemic without any issues. Our other drafter has worked remotely (4 hours from our office) the entire time I've worked at the firm. So the precedent is there, the only outlier is the out-of-state factor.

PLEASE HELP. Thanks

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to convince my boss to let me work remotely from out-of-state How to convince my boss to let me work remotely from out-of-state Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 28, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.