Confusing response to inquiry re. application status

I applied for a job that I’m really interested in last month. I think that I am very qualified for it (l even ended up starting a week trial of LinkedIn premium this week, and when that job popped up LinkedIn flagged me as a top potential applicant. Not like that really means much, but just to say that I do have the qualifications for it). I hadn’t heard back and was starting to get a little anxious, so I emailed one of the people at that place that I know and asked if they had any insight into when they might make a decision about interviews (because it’s been about a month).

They got back to me and said they’re hoping to let folks know soon, but then also forwarded me some information about a different job at a different place, and said if I was interested in applying they’d be happy to pass my name along.

Based on their response, it does seem like they’re on the hiring committee for the position I applied for, and if so, should I take this second response about another job as an indication that they’re not considering me for the job? On the one hand, I can definitely see it as them just trying to be nice and share more opportunities with me, but also, if they were considering me and thought I was a strong candidate, it wouldn’t make sense on their part to point me in a different direction, right?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Confusing response to inquiry re. application status Confusing response to inquiry re. application status Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 24, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.