I am currently doing tech support. Previously did some labor such as painting and pressure cleaning.
I did get a BS in IT and started working in tech support. So far I am not enjoying it. I miss being on my feet. Now I'm working from home and I'm going a little insane. Trying to figure out what to do. Went into IT because of all the job opportunity. Now I'm day dreaming of being outside and using my hand while I sit at a desk staring at a screen all day.
So with that said I'm trying to figure out if I should change things up or push forward with IT.
Electrician seems to be one of the cleaner trades. And while physically demanding, it's not close to roofing or drywall. I did some drywall and carrying sheetrock/drywall around really can wear on you overtime.
Work-life balance is important to me. The thing about IT is that sure you get to work 9-5 and some on call and go home, but the constant learning is time consuming. The expectation to constantly be getting certs is wearing on me. tech moves so fast and unless you care you can get left behind. Recently it feels like you have to know more and more to less and it gets me slightly worried about the future of It. Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon
I know elections do overtime or have long days at times.
Not sure which one wins out on work/life balance.
I just know there are hordes or people trying to get into tech. Not sure if the this the same for electrician? Competition is definitely high in IT.
They both will make around my desired income. 50-65k. Sure IT probably could go farther, but I never desired to push up the ladder forever.
Corporate BS also bothers me, but depending on the company it isn't that bad. However you can meet some real assholes working a trade and that depends who you work with.
Pro and cons of electrician is it's physical. An aspect I really miss. Con of that is I'm worried about the lasting affects on my body. Will I be 40+ wishing I could sit at work? Will I wreck my back?
But sitting all day can be bad for your health as well and also wreck your back..
Any advice.
I just am not sure I'm happy on IT. Been wrestling with it since I graduated last year. Been a little paralyzed with taking any action out of fear id jump into something else and regret it. I know my income would grow faster sticking with IT. Changing fields would set me back financially.
I like using my hands and my brain. Id like to be good at something that is widely needed. I currently get no job satisfaction and worry that won't change. I remember the accomplished feeling I'd get after finishing a job. With IT it's just constantly fixing the same thing over and over again.
But is it greener on the other side... ?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: