How to follow up for "dream" job as a potentially underwhelming candidate?

Hello,

So a bit about me: I'm a recent liberal arts graduate from a fairly prestigious school in NYC. My GPA is not great however and in particular my work experience is rather lackluster. Consequently, my resume leaves a bit to be desired.

I've never been fired from a job but most of my experience is in restaurants, having worked as a prep chef and as a server. All of my time at these jobs has been fairly short as I've only taken them on as summer jobs or during the school semester to make a bit of money and then quit them to go back home for the summer or back to school. I believe I have worthwhile soft skills and skills that don't translate well on paper, but not much to really distinguish me in terms of hard achievements or technical skills.

I recently found a job opening at a local mushroom company however which really stood out to me. I had developed an interest in mushrooms and mycology several months ago and since then it has become one of my strongest interests. The more I read about the company and went over the job description, the more perfect it seemed for me. In numerous ways I felt that it would be a job that I would not only enjoy but also excel at and be a valuable contribution to. There are very very few jobs that I've felt this way about.

The application said to submit my resume and a short introduction explaining who you are and why you're interested in the position. I feel I may have overdone it with the introduction perhaps as it ended up being a whole page in Google Docs but I went into my academic history and recent interest in mycology and I basically made the case for myself, talking about how interested I am in the company and how I would be a worthwhile addition to the team. I thought that at the least I would be contacted for an interview but it's been two weeks now and no word.

How do I proceed from here? Did I potentially come on too hard in my introduction? What is a good way to follow up? Any advice is greatly appreciated, TIA.

TL,DR: Applied to "dream" job with a weak resume/work experience but a strong, albeit long email introduction of myself. No contact after 2 weeks, how should I proceed?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to follow up for "dream" job as a potentially underwhelming candidate? How to follow up for "dream" job as a potentially underwhelming candidate? Reviewed by Louhi on septembre 24, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.