Depressed but want to succeed at job - what to do?

Hi all,

I recently moved to NYC for a entry level nonprofit job paying $70k (it's def a unicorn in terms of pay). My previous nonprofit role (1 year) paid $39k and was a toxic environment, so it seemed like a no brainer to move. However, I'm a month into remote working and am so depressed and stressed. I have a history of depression, and it's reared its head in a lack of concentration—I can't focus on any of the reading tasks and basically I haven't done substantial work in a week or so. No one has noticed yet. I don't know what to do as I know I won't get a better paying job under the circumstances.

I am seeing a therapist, but am only 2 sessions in and just started meds again so they might take a while. My long term goal is fiction writing so I have prioritized a job that is pretty much 9-5 without much stress so I can focus on that. But I can't even write for myself lately. I have a pretty open/understanding work team, is this something I should speak to my supervisor about? I don't want to torpedo this opportunity, and I do not have a safety net like parents or anything like that, it's just me. I appreciate any advice. Thank you.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Depressed but want to succeed at job - what to do? Depressed but want to succeed at job - what to do? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 10, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.