Am I going to make it in the real world? I keep getting told I'm too slow wherever I go. I got fired from my last job.
I'm currently almost 24 years old, and in my senior year of college. I am studying to become a Forensic Biologist. However, it seems that I am slower than the average person during both work and school. I get extended time on tests, because of my Asperger syndrome, and Generalized Anxiety disorder. Without it, I'd fail college.
I got my first job when I was 16 washing dishes (2012). On my first day, I felt excruciating back pain. The pain was so intense, that it slowed me down tremendously, and it caused me to get agitated. Because my Autism was more debilitating back then, I wasn't able to properly communicate exactly how much pain I was in. I got a call from my boss telling me not to come back again. I did not attempt to convince him otherwise.
At my second job at Mcdonald's (early 2014-2016), I was initially too slow. When I got assigned breakfast duties for the first time, I initially got sent home twice for being too slow (they told me it was because of high labor). I suspected there was something wrong, and talked to the managers. I eventually did pick up the pace, and I worked there for 2 years. I had to quit, because my mental health got out of control.
At my second job, as a busser a nursing home (2017-2019), I almost got fired, because I got worked up very easily. This is because I was paranoid from my near-firing at Mcdonald's. Two months later, I decided that I wasn't going to care about my work speed. I ended up becoming a very valuable employee. I worked there for 18 months. I left, because I graduated Community College.
I got a job at KFC last summer, but I quit after only 25 days. It was horrifically understaffed, and I was insecure about my speed again. The manager was also a toxic person who didn't know how to run a business. The other employees were also very unprofessional.
Last December, I got a job as a cashier at Speedway. During the summer I had been put on Immediate Release Seroquel to help me sleep. However, all it did was make groggy during the day. I warned my boss on the first day that if I was too tired, I could get off the medicine. I was fired after two days, because my grogginess made me take too long to complete the computer assessments. When she made the decision to fire me, I had not yet interacted with a single customer. She also gave me no hint whatsoever that there was anything wrong with my performance.
This semester, I got reprimanded for taking too long to complete a lab in Organic Chemistry.
Will life as a Forensic Biologist be impossible for me?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: