9 great years at previous job. 1 bad year at current job. Next steps for updating letter of recs, resume, etc? Help!
I'm sorry this is long-winded. I just really need help. I've cross posted this on a few subs.
I've been teaching for 10 years. For the past 9 years I got exceptionally high ratings in my evaluations. Last year, I decided to move cross country to be closer to family. I updated my resume, letter of recommendations, and references. I got an interview and took a teaching position in a school district that gives first-year employees a 1-year probationary contract. At the end of the school year, the school I worked for could choose to continue with a 2nd year contract or let my 1-year probationary contract expire.
I was just notified that my evaluation rating will be "Effective", but the school I'm working for will let my contact expire. They are not terminating me from the school district, they just don't want me working at their school. I can choose find another job within the school district (not wanting to do this) or find employment in another district (more probable option).
Long story short, I lost creditability with my direct supervisor early in the school year for a mistake I made. I owned up to the mistake and made sure it didn't happen again, but she's the type of person that once she doesn't like you there is nothing you can do to redeem yourself. From that point on, every little thing I did was scrutinized. She always found something wrong in anything I did. She trash talked me to the majority of the staff and since she had made it a point to make herself indispensable and have her word is treated as gold, there really was nothing I could do to salvage my reputation within the school or with administration. I could go on about how she belittled me on a daily basis, tried gaslighting me on multiple occasions, but there is no point. You guys get the gist.
My questions: 1. There is no way I would get (or even ask for) a letter of recommendation from my direct supervisor or administrator. I can most likely get a letter of recommendation from a couple of teachers I directly worked with though. Would it look weird if I didn't have a letter of recommendation from my current administrator? Can I have my administrators from last school year update their letter of recommendations for me? 2. How do I deal with this if it comes up in an interview? I'm assuming someone is going to ask why they let my probationary contract expire...
I appreciate any and all guidance.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: