How to handle a boss who is verbally and emotionally abusive

Hi all,

I have lurked here for a while but never posted. But I am here today to get some perspective on how to handle my boss who is abusive in so many ways.

I have worked at this small business for nearly 5 years. I was hired as an intern after my freshman year of college there and they loved me so much that 3 years later they made me a very competitor offer to come on board full time. I am the marketing coordinator for the company so I work directly under the owner of the company. I report to our operations officer but I also quasi report to the owner of the company.

Recently over the last 6 months he has had a relapse with a drinking and drug abuse habit. This makes him lash out at employees and specifically me for reasons that I don’t know. On several occasions he has made fun of me for the way I speak (I suffered a severe concussion a few years back and never fully recovered so I am easy to trip over my words etc.), he does not hesitate to curse me out on a daily basis over absolutely nothing, he micromanages me to a point where I can’t get anything done and he constantly bothers me outside of work hours.

While I am normally sympathetic to those who struggle with addiction, I have finally reached my breaking point with him. This past Friday he called me out of the blue to tell me that he was laying me off, the only way I could avoid a lay-off was if I took a demotion within the company but also continued to do my regular job (I believe this is retaliation for working from home during lockdown). I took the demotion after feeling completely blindsided with no time to think through what I agreed to. After spending the weekend constantly on the brink of a panic attack I began putting my resume out. Unfortunately due to the current situation of the world I don’t think I’ll be able to find a new position in the next few weeks. How do I go about dealing with this emotional and verbal abuse for the time being while I’m trying to find a new job. It’s very hard to reason with someone who is under the influence literally all hours of the day and I just don’t know what to do because I need to work in order to live.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to handle a boss who is verbally and emotionally abusive How to handle a boss who is verbally and emotionally abusive Reviewed by Louhi on mars 30, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.