Employer accidentally withheld income taxes for a state that I don't even work in - now they've furloughed me and I have to file for unemployment

Long story short, I transfered to a new role. I took someone's job that was previously based out of New Jersey. I live in Maryland.

My first paycheck had taxes taken out from both New Jersey and Maryland despite the fact that I exclusively live in and work in Maryland.

I requested that HR correct this and unfortunately with the entire COVID-19 thing going on it's taken them two weeks. Today, I was furloughed and I have a strong feeling this is going to cause a headache when I file for Maryland's unemployment tomorrow.

Does anyone have any advice/tips/etc for this situation?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Employer accidentally withheld income taxes for a state that I don't even work in - now they've furloughed me and I have to file for unemployment Employer accidentally withheld income taxes for a state that I don't even work in - now they've furloughed me and I have to file for unemployment Reviewed by Louhi on mars 30, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.