Anxious and Guilty about Quitting at this time

I applied to a position at the end of January and the process was long so I was just given my offer letter this past Friday. Throughout the process, I was really hopeful about getting this position, but now that I actually have it I'm so full of anxiety I can't even get excited.

My coworker just also left for another job a few weeks ago and my boss couldn't find anyone she was that excited by, and then we were all working from home because of Covid19 and a lot of the functions of that position weren't happening, so she opted to wait to fill that position and split the remaining work between herself and someone from a different department who is doing a few extra hours for us a week.

Now she's going to have to replace me too, and on top of that my work just announced a hiring freeze. I think the position I'm leaving is important enough that she would be able to appeal, but it will obviously take extra time. On top of that, she'll be going on maternity leave soon.

I like my boss and my coworkers so I just feel awful that I'm leaving them at the absolute worst time possible. I haven't been able to sleep thinking about telling her tomorrow.

On top of that I'm nervous about making this transition at this particular time. I almost didn't take the job even though it was a perfect fit and more money, just because I was worried about leaving a safe position when the entire world is going nuts, and of course, I'm nervous about having to be trained and start a new job remotely, not to mention I'm dealing with a lot of imposter syndrome.

Does anyone have any advice about breaking it to my boss in this particularly difficult time for everyone, and for dealing with work anxiety in general? I've never had this amount of anxiety starting a new job before.

TL;DR: Help me make this unlikely to be smooth transition at least a little bit smoother or at least make me not look like an awful inconsiderate person and also anxiety tips

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Anxious and Guilty about Quitting at this time Anxious and Guilty about Quitting at this time Reviewed by Louhi on mars 29, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.