How much is too much following up?

So it’s not really even following up on a job at this point because I haven’t been offered an interview.

I applied for a job with my former university. The job closed the Friday before last. The job is also in the department I got my degree from, so I know a lot of the faculty since it was a small tight knit department.

Before I applied to the job I reached out to a girl I went to college with that currently works in the department in a similar role. We were both in the same clubs and teams in college. I told her I was interested an asked if she could tell me a little about the role which she did.

We aren’t best friends but we get a long. For example, I don’t talk to her frequently but we have hung out in the past and I have always sent her a Christmas card along with my other team mates from college.

Like I just said, I did l mail her a Christmas card last week (like I did last year). It should have arrived by now and I was thinking about texting her to see if she received it and if she liked it. In doing this, I was thinking about letting her know I applied and if she could put in a good word for me. I also sent a card to a professor in the department I was close with. Should I follow up with him as well and tell him I applied for this position?

Or would this be too much? I don’t want to cross the line but I really do want this job. What are things that would be ok to say or things to avoid saying? Is it ok to just ask for them to put in a good word if they are able?

TL;DR I applied for a job at my former uni. I know a girl already working in the same department since she was a classmate and I know one professor in the Dept very well. Should I let them know I’ve applied?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How much is too much following up? How much is too much following up? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.