College grad struggling finding a job after graduating [Communications/Marketing]

This is a long post, so I'm sorry in advance.

Background: I graduated in June 2019 with a degree in History and Political Science from a fairly good university, with a decent-ish GPA (3.7). I have 3.5 years of experience in communications, graphic design, and content marketing due to an internship I was lucky enough to get in college.

I thought that would help me, but since August, I've been job hunting to no avail. Of some 150+ applications I've sent out, I've gotten three interviews - 2 phone screenings (which went nowhere) and 1 in-person interview. In my last interview, I was told that I was a very competitive candidate but that I simply wasn't experienced enough in the field I wanted to work in.

It's brought me right back to square one. I'm insanely grateful that I have family support and the option to be hired by my mother for a basic data entry position, but I really don't want to fall back on that because I'm already relying on her generosity by living at home. That, and it seems to run counter to the advice I received from the hiring manager at the last place I managed to get an interview at.

I don't know what to do next. Throwing applications out into what feels like the void hasn't been helpful (I've used Indeed, AngelList, and also have tried directly contacting companies). I've already reached out to my former supervisors for any help or advice, but there wasn't much they could help me with. Is there any advice you can give me? Where can I go from here? Is it worth it to take/find a position that isn't related to what I want to work in? What can I do to build this elusive 'experience' and make myself a more attractive candidate??

TL;DR - Job search is killing me and I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

College grad struggling finding a job after graduating [Communications/Marketing] College grad struggling finding a job after graduating [Communications/Marketing] Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.