Rant. I can't believe that I had a few interviewers ask me 'Why didn't you just find regular work instead of doing these temp jobs?' or 'Do you like the comfortable lifestyle of temping?'

Thankfully I was finally hired full time but serious what the fuck kind of questions are these? I get it that sometimes people who work many temp jobs may seem unappealing to interviewers because their experience revolves around doing a bunch of various tasks. However, I personally see it as a sign of strength (their perseverance) that a person is willing to do this many temp jobs to make ends meet.

Also what is so comfortable about temp jobs? You have to work under the pressure of being possibly terminated at any given moment, no PTO and usually have zero benefits. There's very little reason to build relationships between temps and perms because temps are simply there to fill until either they miraculously get hired on or get let go. They might have to deal with work isolation.

Temp agency hiring processes aren't as easy as people think. Yeah some of the jobs require low skills and sometimes it's easy to get into their doors but there are also plenty of temp jobs that will make you go through an interview process that is just as strenuous as applying for a permanent job. Doing a great job as a temp isn't always going to keep you safe. All it takes is a manager to look at expenses and remark that it isn't worthwhile to pay a mark-up cost ( the money that goes to the staffing agency) to keep temps around. I notice that companies like to bring up that they're not so keen on paying these mark up costs but hiring on someone permanent and paying for benefits as well as matching 401k plans and such doesn't really seem much cheaper.

I would write more but I'm upset with my terrible writing skills almost as much as I am with this topic.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Rant. I can't believe that I had a few interviewers ask me 'Why didn't you just find regular work instead of doing these temp jobs?' or 'Do you like the comfortable lifestyle of temping?' Rant. I can't believe that I had a few interviewers ask me 'Why didn't you just find regular work instead of doing these temp jobs?' or 'Do you like the comfortable lifestyle of temping?' Reviewed by Louhi on juin 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.