Sexism/Racism? How does the white man get justice?

I work for a company here in Seattle, WA and I'm the only white male working in management. There's two other white people, but they're women. Everybody else are women and are from India; the owner was born and raised in India.

Here's my conundrum.

I have access to basically everything. My job requires that I have my tendrils in almost every facet of the business and I manage a bunch of their projects. A few months ago, I got into a disagreement with the Operations Manager (one of the white women) about an issue with one of the employees we manage and she gets extremely upset. She starts yelling at me, telling me she thinks I should, "start looking for another job", and what not. Taken aback, I ended the call and immediately called the higher ups to inform them what had happened. Mostly because I'm supposed to but also because I know she was going to do the same.

The next day, my immediate boss calls me and tells me that they can't afford to keep paying me full time so they're going to move me over to a different role of management that has less hours. Due to the current circumstances I had at the time, I couldn't fight it so I endured while I reignited a vigorous job search. She continues to be the Operations Manager working full time.

Then, when I got paid, I went onto Intuit to review it and noticed some discrepancies. Since I still have my tendrils in all of the software and web apps, I was able to go in and view the total amount of hours I worked versus what I was paid. They're not the same. I dug a little deeper and noticed that almost all of my pay checks were missing hours. Some were just a single hour, or a few, but this last one I was missing a full ten hours. When I brought this up to the manager of finances, she responded immediately with a nonchalant response about how I must have submitted my hours late. When I pushed her to investigate, she said that four line items of pay were marked in red and must not have been pulled. I ended up getting all of my hours paid, in time.

Tonight, I submitted my hours and went into the Web App to view those hours. Sure enough, they were in red and as I was making the assumption that these hours wouldn't be on my pay check, I noticed that there were other line items from other employees also in red. I went into the past pay period. Same. I went into both pay periods of the last month and noticed the same thing: employees may or may not getting paid.

I also noticed that another employee, who is at the same level as myself but less experienced, is getting paid more and is working more than full time...something I was informed I couldn't do because they, "couldn't afford it". She's a woman from India.

There's been other small issues that has lead me to writing this: I think I am a victim of racism and/or sexism in the work place. I've talked to a few people about this and they all agree. However, when I asked my partner what can I do about this, she looks at me and says, "nothing". She says that I'm a white male living in America working for a company that is all female and not white. If I were to try to press this legally, I would lose.

I'm pursuing that option rigorously but I'd rather not quit until I have another job lined up.

What should I do? What can I do?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Sexism/Racism? How does the white man get justice? Sexism/Racism? How does the white man get justice? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 01, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.