New job making me depressed, anxious, and strung out. Want to quit without notice?

Hi everyone,

I know my title sounds bad and quitting without giving your employer the standard two weeks is very unprofessional. I’m at a loss and really don’t know what to do. Here’s the story:

I’m a female in my early twenties working at a factory. This is a relatively new job for me. I’ve been there about 5 months and am still in my probationary period (6 months long.) I’ve worked multiple factory and warehouse jobs before.

Long story short, my job is causing me an extreme amount of stress and led me back to depression for a number of reasons. We work full time, rotating 12 hour swing shifts, meaning I am constantly switching back and forth between dayshift and graveyard shift. I have almost wrecked my car multiple times trying to come home off of nights because I can never get used to a set schedule. I am also going to school full time online and never have time to study because I’m always too tired and trying to catch up on sleep in my free time. I know it’s only a matter of time before my grades slip. I have panic attacks before every. Single. Shift. Because I’m so strung out and worried about school.

My coworkers who are all men (I’m the only girl if that matters) are constantly making fun and laughing when I don’t know what certain tools are or have to ask how to do a certain task after being shown only once months ago. It’s very obvious they think I’m an idiot and incompetent. I’m going to school for something that is known for being very challenging and time consuming, and my coworkers constantly joke and imply I’m not smart enough for the degree. I’m all for ball busting and joking around, but you can tell when someone’s screwing with you or if they think you’re an idiot. Maybe I’m being too sensitive? They also constantly tell me the place is terrible to work at and encourage me to find somewhere else because the job is that bad. My boss and all of my coworkers have expressed that they are all looking for new employment multiple times.

The higher ups are very strung out on getting our numbers up, like any factory. Meaning very little to no training time for me, or any new hire, and then being expected to know and perform certain tasks I’ve never been trained on. They are also mandating overtime, meaning even less school time for me.

I’m completely at my wits end and feel like I am going to snap. I can’t sleep, I can barely eat, and all I do in my free time when I’m not focused on school is be anxious about work. It’s all I think about. Just the combination of the shifts and the environment there is driving me insane. I hate going in knowing I’m going to feel like an idiot the entire shift. I’ve worked at a few factories and warehouses and am used to men and women ball busting and joking around, but have never had so many people fuck with me about my schooling and my degree, making me feel like I’m not worth anything and can’t do it.

If I go to HR, it’ll only make things worse. I have to work with the same people every day and know they would all make my life a living hell. I would honestly rather leave than deal with all of the commotion.

My husband is telling me to just quit and he’ll support me for a while till I find something else that’ll help me focus on school more. I also have some money in savings to help for a little while. I’m honestly not sure if I have it in me to give a two weeks notice. I know that’s terrible and incredibly unprofessional and I hate to be like that, but the thought of going back is torture to me. I would of course send an email and message my boss before hand, not just ghosting them. Am I in the wrong to think like this? Am I overreacting? Should I just ride it out? I feel like a complete failure. I feel as if I’m spreading myself too thin and just can’t do it anymore.

Any advice or insight is very much appreciated, thank you.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

New job making me depressed, anxious, and strung out. Want to quit without notice? New job making me depressed, anxious, and strung out. Want to quit without notice? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.