Need help negotiating a better job offer at a rock gym that will pay $10/hr less than the rope access window cleaning job I'm training in but will be more enjoyable.

I started a job as a rope access tech for a window cleaning company in a week and a half ago. They are paying me $20/hr now but in 3 months it will rise to 22/hr. They paid $1500 for my level 1 SPRAT Rope Access certification and training, with a contract saying I must pay the 1500 back if I don't stay with the company for 9 months. Right now they are training me on the basic aspects of the cleaning portion of the job. At my age (23) that a lot more money than I've made before. I used to work as a rock climbing instructor for kids at a camp and also managed a series of ropes courses. However on a whim I went to a group interview for the rock gym my girlfriend and I climb at everyday. They were really impressed with me regarding my experience as well as my friendly and community oriented personality and offered me a job the next day. The pay is only starting at $12/hr which with my experience is not that great in comparison. But I do feel as though I can move up in the company. Also most importantly I believe I would just be happier on a day to day basis since I love working with and interacting with people, especially those who are new to, or passionate about, climbing. At the window cleaning job I would just be with just two other guys for the day and mostly have earbuds in listening to podcasts, which although easy, can be lonely for my personality. Let alone working at height everyday sounds a bit daunting.

Essentially I have a couple dilemmas. I love the pay for the window cleaning job, but I would be happier working at a rock gym. I want to try and email them back in hopes of getting a better offer, they already know that I have this other job and would lose the 1500 if I were to make the switch. I would really like to make the switch even if it means cutting ties with the window cleaning company for good, but I can't afford the 1500 at the moment and would like more than 12/hr. What would be the best way to phrase it that says I would like to make the switch but would need assistance with the money lost (note: that they said the certification would be beneficial to them) and would be an asset worth paying more for.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Need help negotiating a better job offer at a rock gym that will pay $10/hr less than the rope access window cleaning job I'm training in but will be more enjoyable. Need help negotiating a better job offer at a rock gym that will pay $10/hr less than the rope access window cleaning job I'm training in but will be more enjoyable. Reviewed by Louhi on mai 01, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.