Is this a typical experience? Feeling a bit hopeless right now.

Hello all! Thanks in advance for reading this rant.

At the end of March I applied for a Content Producer position at my Chamber of Commerce. It was still in the early stages of the application process, so I didn't hear back from them for a few weeks, but I landed a phone interview. It went great and they even brought up the salary estimate and interview timeline so I had full disclosure before proceeding.

About a week later I was called to come in for an in person interview. This also went very well and went even longer than expected due to the conversation. A few days later I was called in for a second interview to meet the Vice President. I had short notice about this but it sounded very promising so I took a half day off work the next day for my second interview. They said it was between me and one other candidate. The second interview went well, had more good conversation and discussion about my portfolio.

Cut to more than a week later and I didn't hear anything yet. They had a big event earlier in the week so I figured the decision would be delayed due to that. Today I got a phone call from them and they said they would not be continuing with my application because they decided to change the job description and duties for someone more experienced with writing.

Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed. I feel a little cheated after three interviews that they somehow didn't know this information before, or figure it out along the way that they needed someone stronger in writing.

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone has had an experience similar to this so I don't feel so alone and angry? I guess I should be happy I didn't take this job and then have my duties changed on me without knowing, but I am kind of in disbelief they strung me along to then reject me in this way.

Anyway, thanks again for reading.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is this a typical experience? Feeling a bit hopeless right now. Is this a typical experience? Feeling a bit hopeless right now. Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.